Thursday, January 04, 2007

Don't be boring in 2007

It's a New Year and another chance to do something amazing with your life.

Read that again. Got it?

2006 is dead. It's history. And unless you're doing something different than you did in 2006...well, 2007 is going to be about the same.

And here's the problem...most people aren't asking the right questions.

I'll give you an example...

Jessica and I just got back from Hawaii. I'm tall enough, vain enough and wealthy enough to pay an extra $3,000 to fly first-class. So, we were eating real food on real plates with real glasses.

The folks riding in coach were on a "buy your food" plan.

Now, the questions they were being asked were: do you want to buy a bag of chips, trail mix, a bag of M&Ms or what looked like a quarter-pound Snickerdoodle sugar cookie?

This is an example of someone being asked the WRONG question. Do you know what happens to people who eat M&Ms for breakfast? Nothing good.

Here's a clue: there's never a right answer to a wrong question.

So, what question should YOU be asking in 2007?

In my opinion, these are all WRONG questions:

-- how can I get promoted at my job?
-- how can I figure out how to save money on childcare?
-- how can I get an extra weekend off?
-- will I get a vacation this year?
-- how can I get more overtime?

Those are stupid questions, in fact. Here are the correct questions:

-- how can I quit my job and make more than my boss?
-- how can I raise my own children instead of paying a 7-dollar=an=hour stranger to do it?
-- how can I have all the free time I want?
-- how many vacations do I want to take this year?
(We took six this past year)
-- how can I never work more than 25 hours a week?

That's what you should be asking. The other questions are for The Herd.

It's 2007 and a new adventure is beckoning you. It's calling you by name. This is your chance to start a new direction in your life or to stay in the same situation you've been in for ages.

I gotta tell you...I KNOW what the next 12 months look like for me and I am JAZZED. It's totally different than what the average people will experience. And it's all a CHOICE.

Think about what most people are spending their time worrying about:

- Their neighbors leaves blew in their yard.
- Their substitute mailman runs a half-hour later than the usual guy.
- Whether they tipped the pizza guy $2 too much.
- Whether or not the dry-cleaner broke a button on a blouse.
- The cashier didn't ring up the "double coupon" on the can of pinto beans.

These people are driving what they don't want to drive, living where they don't want to live and doing what they don't want to do.

Their biggest plan for the weekend is to load up on videos from Netflix or Blockbuster so they can spend all weekend watching TV in a coma and eating Fritos, Cheetos and Doritoes.

Sheesh.

Somebody give me a break.

You don't have time for that crap. Your life is too short.

Wouldn't you rather be thinking about how to make an extra $10,000 a month? Or whether or not your spouse would like the Cartier watch or the Rolex? (Mine bought me the Rolex Daytona....$8k)

So, here's the deal.....

If you want something different, you're going to have to get out of your comfort zone and actually DO something different.

So, to get you started, here are some things you in 2007:

-- Unplug your TV for a month.
-- Get your head into some good personal development.
-- Watch the movie The Secret at least twice a month.
-- Start a business.
-- Get rich.
-- Rescue a pet from the Humane Society.
-- Forgive somebody.
-- Heck, forgive EVERYBODY. Most of all yourself.

You are a powerful, beautiful, wonderful human being who has the ability to create whatever results you want in your life.

And don't let anyone tell you any differently.


But, your quality of life depends on you and what you're going to do with your days.

Read this whole article again.

Save it.

Print it.

Pass it on to someone else.

But, for God's sake....get off your butt and actually go DO something with the life God gave you.

And if you want to work with me and find out how simple it really is to get rich working at home...then give me a ring. I'll give you the details.

But, whatever you do...do SOMETHING.

Your life is calling you. Will you answer?

Tony Rush
334-794-4442
Liberty League International
TonyRush.com
IFoundTheSolution.com

1 comment:

Paul said...

Awesome Post Tony! As always, I deserved to read that and thanks for posting,