Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"But...is there a residual income?"

I was talking to a fellow the other day who's looking for a home business. He was working in retail but he didn't care for the work and wasn't earning much money. He worked at one of the larger department stores in a mall.

As it turns out, he'd heard of Liberty League and had attended a presentation call about a year earlier but never got started. I told him that I had no conversation for him on why he should look again....but that, simply, if he was interested in "getting out of what he's into" that this has certainly been a good financial choice for me. (A massive understatement, to say the least.)

And here was his response. "Well, I liked the idea when I looked at it a year ago. But, I guess I just didn't see the residual. Is there a residual income in Liberty League?" I told him there was and that he could certainly get a fresh perspective by attending another presentation call which he did.

But, here are two things that come to mind for me on this topic.

Firstly, here's a guy who is so completely brainwashed about "residual income" that he's made it his main focus for saying 'yes' or 'no'. Did you notice that? He knew that Liberty League was a business where he could make a six-figure income....but he didn't get started because "he didn't see the residual".

Now,....I'm not the smartest person in the world. But, I'm not sure how that makes sense. He'd rather work in a job he hated, earning less than $40,000 a year.....than to earn six-figures in a business because he thinks that there is no residual?

This brings me to my second point.

His question about the residual is a smokescreen. It wasn't real. It was simply the first excuse he found that would give him permission to stay in his comfort zone and not change his life. By finding an excuse that would let him NOT get started....he gets to stay in his box...not make any dramatic changes...and doesn't have to take responsibility for doing something that is different from the masses.

He gets to be "safe". Average. Ordinary. Like everyone else. And the excuse he chose to justify that decision was that he didn't think that Liberty League had a residual aspect. He might as well have complained that he didn't think the packaging of the product looked good.

You see, residual income IS important. It's what allows you to get paid over and over for work that you've done once. And in Liberty League, we earn ongoing, residual profits of $1,000, $1,500 and more.

Additionally, we earn also have the ability to earn more passive income in ONE WEEK than many people in MLM will earn in, say, a year. (I recently had a $19,000 week. Only $1,000 of it had anything to do with my own, personal effort.)

So, is residual income important? Absolutely! But is it the most important factor when selecting a way to create wealth from home? Not to me.

I love the residual income that Liberty League provides. But, if you'll ask me if I like the residuals better than the ability to earn a multiple six-figure income in my first 6-12 months, then I'd say 'no'.

Fortunately, we don't have to choose. Liberty League has both. And when my friend figures out that it's possible for him to earn a great income now AND build a residual income for down the road....then he might finally be willing to get outside his comfort zone and stop living small just to satisfy the people around him.

For more details on Liberty League's pay plan and the passive/residual aspects...call me at 205-267-1033 and I'll be happy to get you some details.

Tony Rush

No comments: