Monday, May 23, 2005

Don't stare at the cup of coffee!

We talk alot about the law of attraction and the importance of having a "prosperous attitude" in our industry. But, many people have trouble getting their heads around these terms and putting them to practical use.

This analogy might help. To me, the mindset of attracting a given result, situation or circumstance in my life is a little like walking around with a hot cup of coffee. Have you ever done that?

If you stare at the cup, you'll spill it.
If you completely disregard the cup, you'll spill it.

It's almost as though you have to have a focused inattention on it. A casual air that says, "Yeah, I've got a cup of coffee in my hand but I'm really more interested in looking at these paintings over here...."

And -- poof -- just like that, you can walk through a room of crowded people, talking, laughing and enjoying yourself......all the while you're carrying that cup of coffee along for a safe ride that never loses a drop.

To me, manifesting my goals is like that. If I obsess about them or constantly check to see what my progress is, I fall into the category of "struggle" which is always counterproductive. (Success and manifesting goals requires effort but rarely ever involves struggle.) Yet, if I go to the other extreme and don't give them any attention at all, I'm just being apathetic and unorganized. Nothing happens.

To me, the right balance of just doing your part and knowing -- really knowing -- that the given result is coming. It's all about just doing your part, trusting the system and relaxing into the process.

I'm not staring at the cup of coffee.... It's a balance. It's a flow. It's a calm, quiet sense of certainty that says, "This goal is mine, it's on the way and all I have to do is trust the process, relax into the laws of prosperity and watch my efforts manifest my goals with wondrous results....."

So, the moral of the story is: smile! Don't worry too much about the cup of coffee.....just make sure you've got plenty of prospects, the right methods and you're in a business that will reward you with abundance everytime someone buys a product.

It really IS that simple! Isn't that exciting?
--TR

No comments: