Tuesday, April 05, 2005

So, what's the product REALLY like? (part one)

I'll admit it: I'm an information junkie.

If there's a good book, tape set or other resource available that will tell me something I'm curious about or want to learn.....well, I've got the cash in my hand quicker than you can say the words "personal development".

And, I know the value of good information.

About 18 months ago, I bought some information for $500 that allowed me to do well over six figures last year.....I'd say that's a pretty good trade. So, I'm well aware that there are lots of things I don't know -- that if I DID know them -- would make me alot of money.

So, when I first looked at the Beyond Freedom Home Study course and saw the $1,495 price tag, I wasn't overly concerned. In my thoughts, I figured that if there were one or two ideas in that course that would allow me to see results in my life....then $1,495 would be pretty cheap indeed.

But, I have to admit I was surprised at what was included in the course. I'm a long-time customer of Nightingale-Conant and I'm used to home study courses that have a little 16-page book with some CDs and that's it.

So, when the big brown truck pulled up at our house, I was surprised by the size of the box. This was obviously not your basic home study course. Jessica got to it before I did and did the ol' I've got it and you don't, na-na-na-na-naa-na thing. Finally, (after promises of dinners out and another cruise), she surrendered and we opened the thing.

DVD. CDs. Goal cards. Journaling System. 90-day Workbook with interactive exercises. All in a professional, luxurious packaging.

We popped in the DVD. I was impressed.

Ever notice how most direct sales companies skimp on their audio/video stuff? Not Liberty League International. It was obvious that this DVD wasn't filmed with a SteadyShot camera and produced on a laptop. Heck, it looked like it came out of Hollywood (which turned out not to be far from the truth).

Everything was top notch and it was obvious that LLI had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars producing the audios, videos and printed materials.

But, the real question was about the information. I was glad to see that the course wasn't full of alot of vague philosophy. It's very practical in terms of explaining that your present circumstances are an outward reflection of how you position your mindset. And it explains in nuts-and-bolts detail what you need to do in order to start attracting more of the things that you want in life and less of the things you don't want.

And it works like a spotlight: it will illuminate ANY area of your life that you apply it to: marriage, parenting, physical health, emotional health, spirituality, finances, debt-repayment, education, coaching, workplace issues, hobbies, ..... the list goes on and on. Because the course teaches you how to use your mind to your greatest advantage, it will literally impact every area of your life in a way that produces massive results.

And isn't that what I paid for?

The Beyond Freedom Home Study Course is a great example of a product that was under-promised and over-delivered. The only problem is that -- like any GREAT information -- it should probably sell for alot more and here's why:

At $1,495 I can see that there are probably a certain percentage of people who buy the course, take it out, put in a CD and never really commit to going through the program every day for 90 days. These are the same people who buy an exercise bike for $250, don't ride it and complain they're not losing weight. If this course sold for $10,000 then I'm sure more people would give it the attention it deserves....

....and would be living the life they want.

No comments: