Sunday, September 10, 2006

Steve Irwin -- living life on purpose

When I heard that Steve Irwin ("The Crocodile Hunter") had died tragically off the Great Barrier Reef....I was shocked. We've watched many of his shows on the Discovery Channel. We saw his movie. He's been a huge role model for my kids and has taught them to love animals. (We actually a home movie where our sons are each being "The Crocodile Hunter" and are catching toy rubber snakes in the "wild" (the bushes outside our home).

So, when I heard he'd passed away....well, as crazy as it sounds, I felt like they were talking about someone I knew. Heck, we did know him! He was Steve Irwin!

So, what does Steve Irwin have to do with Liberty League? Everything and nothing. While I doubt Steve Irwin ever heard of Liberty League International, I think he embodied the core of what we teach in the Beyond Freedom course and in our community:

-- You have one life to live
-- Live it to the fullest. No limits. Play big or go home.
-- Be passionate about what you're doing.
-- Be able to say "I lived my dreams".

Following is a video tribute to Steve Irwin with music and lyrics ("It's My Life" by Bon Jovi) that are a complete match for his philosophy of life. Mine, too.

As far as I know, we only get one trip on this planet. And it passes in the blink of an eye. If you died today, can you say that you're living YOUR dreams?

If not....when will you start?

Tony Rush
Summit Advisor, LLI
The NEW Liberty League website


video optimized for broadband users only




Lyrics:
This ain't a song for the broken - hearted
No silent prayer for the faith - departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud

Chorus:
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just wanna live while I'm alive
It's my life

This is for the ones who stood their ground
For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
Luck ain't even lucky
Got to make your own breaks

No comments: